Friday, November 5, 2010
I decided I wanted to interview Bonnie so that people can truly understand the caliber of people working on the Weirs Beach Village team. It was challenging to pin Bonnie down long enough to ask her a few questions. Did I mention that Bonnie is very active with an exhausting energy level ? I tried to keep up with her to ask her a few questions and needed a nap at the end of that day.
1. How long have you been involved with the world of real estate ? How did you get started in RE and why ? Almost 20 years and I love it!! I was going to college to work with people in Cardiac Rehab while bringing up two young children and managing in a health club and teaching aerobics. I met a wonderful couple, Chris and Bill Dowd, that use to take all of my exercise classes. One day Chris, who was a Real Estate Trainer, asked me if I ever thought of getting into real estate and that a realtor in her office needed a high energy assistant to help him with customers. I accepted. I did finish and graduated from college, with my husband and two children cheering me on. I did however become very busy in real estate and it is history from there. I do feel like I help make peoples' hearts happy especially when they receive the key to their new home or they have sold a home and moved on to the next stage of their life. It is pretty cool and most of the time brings tears to my eyes.
2. What jobs did you have before you became a realtor ? Oh my...that is a long list, so here you go.
Like most girls...babysitting first. At 15 I use to take a bus to a lawyer's home and worked as a paralegal.
At 16 when I got my license I worked for three lawyers, and had a job at 'Grover Cronins' in Waltham as a shoe salesgirl. At 17 I worked as an administrator for a Dynamics Company. After graduation, I worked for Digital equipment as a dispatcher. This is where I met the love of my life. I then became a computer technician for Digital for a couple of years then had our beautiful children.
My favorite job was motherhood but while I was doing that I worked at Shaw's a couple of evenings a week and Sundays. I also sold Princess House Crystal at home parties to help with household bills.
Then as mentioned I went back to college, managed and taught aerobics in a health club while the kids were in school. Then real estate......
3. Any pets ? Tell us about them. I have had pets my whole life and can't image life without them. My mom said we had a cat that use to sleep in the crib with me when I was a baby and that is true today. Actually when I met my husband..I said to him if you do not like animals then it won't work. He is still here and we have our 12 year old rat terrier Ginger who sleeps with us every night...which I know can be a pain.
4. What makes a successful realtor ? Compassion, understanding, listening and understanding the needs of your seller and buyers... not what you think they need. Mostly be a true Professional.
5. Tell us about the Prudential Verani team ~ how is your team different from other real estate teams ? I feel Prudential Verani as a whole company is a family with great values and commitment to their customers and to their employees and agents. Our New Homes Division is top notch with more support that I have ever had in any real estate company I have worked. The team at Weirs Beach Village ~ Janis, Gene, Pete and Kristin ~ are very experienced agents that are very excited about the community and love the homes.